Re: MS Word: Lost Header/Footer Toolbar

Subject: Re: MS Word: Lost Header/Footer Toolbar
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:01:40 +1000

Dave Chisma wrote:

Dear Jenni,

It might be that your Header and Footer Toolbar has been accidentally
'docked' on one of the four sides of the window. It might also be that
your monitor isn't displaying that side of the window.

Try this: reduce the window size so you can see all four sides. Select
View Header and Footer, then look for your toolbar. If it's docked,
click on the dividing line between two buttons and drag it back to the
middle.

Cheers, Dave Chisma

Jennifer Rush wrote:

> I have a Word problem that I've not seen addressed and cannot resolve,
> even
> with the assistance of our tech department at my office.
>
> I have "lost" my Header and Footer Toolbar, the one that shows up when
> you
> view headers and footers. I've done everything I can think of
> (including
> checking from all angles on the Microsoft site), including
> uninstalling
> Office entirely and then reinstalling it on a different hard drive,
> all to
> no avail.
>
> >From View>Toolbar>Customize, the option to select Header and Footer
> toolbar
> only shows up if I am in View Header and Footer mode before attempting
> customize. However, even when it shows up in the Toolbars list, I
> cannot
> select it. When I attempt to, I only get a "ding" sound.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Jenni

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=