Re: Bitmap to .wmf conversion

Subject: Re: Bitmap to .wmf conversion
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:16:55 +1000

An earlier post mooted the benefits of Hypersnap in the conversion of BMP
to WMF.

I downloaded the full demo version and it appears to work the same way as
all the packages that I have come across.

I used a .bmp and then did a save as bmp, tif, jpg, gif and wmf. As with
every other package I have ever tried, it saved to each format OK but the
images were still bmp images. No vector control was available. Also, you
are supposed to be able to save a gif with a transparent background for web
use.

Maybe I'm loosing the plot here, but I imported (placed) each version into
Illustrator 7.0 and PhotoShop 4.0.1 and the background went from green to
white (I had selected the green as the transparent colour) and NOT
transparent.

If there is a key to this piece of software that I am missing, could
someone please tell me what it is ?

Having spent two hours playing with it and reading help files, I think I
have used it to its fullest capacity (at least in the area of saving as
etc).

Regards,

Bruce Ashley
OZ