Re: Consulting Sources

Subject: Re: Consulting Sources
From: howard <pencil -at- WAVENET -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 02:07:10 +0000

Christine Lienhart wrote:

> My company has recently identified a set of documentation to be written for
> a new release of a new "system." In addition to paper-based guides for our
> external customers, we want to provide online resources for internal
> help-desk personnel and the users of the applications supporting this new
> system. The terms "knowledge base," "troubleshooting guide," and "CBT" have
> been thrown out repeatedly, and in the same breath: INTEGRATION.

I had problems doin this from first principles when the variables were
simple integers! Never mind the rest...

There are
> a couple of more components to this set, but the gist of it is that I am
> being asked to help identify the resources (i.e., consulting firm,
> contractors and/or full-time people) and possibly recommend tools.
>
> I have called a couple of local agencies,

<g>

> but they all want to know more

This, really, is the failing with agencies. Instead of being agents,
they want to be intelligence agencies. One wonders where the strategic
planning comes from...

...admittedly, it could be that tactics are being misapplied!

Steer clear of them - I'm sure you have the resources to deal with
this...

howard

--
*theabovemessagedoesnotnecessaril