FW: The 4-month itch [WAS: Coping strategies]

Subject: FW: The 4-month itch [WAS: Coping strategies]
From: "Hanrahan, Dennis F" <Dennis -dot- Hanrahan -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:42:33 -0600

It depends on your temperament and objectives. I've just started my 6th
year with this company, and I still feel like a "newcomer." Most of the
TWs in our department have been here 10, 15, 20 years or more.

Early in my career, I did a lot of job-hopping because I thought it got
you ahead faster. But after I got married, bought a house, and had kids,
I put more of a premium on stability. Now, as I edge toward retirement,
I have no intention of leaving here before then. Of course, if they
chose to lay me off, I would have no control over that!

Dennis Hanrahan
dennis -dot- hanrahan -at- unisys -dot- com