Re: QUERY: awkward paragraph(?) and formatting

Subject: Re: QUERY: awkward paragraph(?) and formatting
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:17:03 -0400

Robin,

Kris Olberg gave my first choice of how to handle it, but another way would
be to put the information into a table. I'd put the authorization method in
the left-hand column and the references to the explanatory sections in the
right-hand column. You might try both methods and see which one seems to
work best.

Tom Johnson
Traverse City, MI. Where the air and water are clean, but it gets really
cold in the winter.

business johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
personal thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net

On Thursday, September 03, 1998 6:25 PM, Robin Johnson
[SMTP:robin -at- MACSCH -dot- COM] wrote:
> CROSS POSTED TO TECHWR-L, TECHCOMM-L and COPYEDITING-L
>
> Okay, wordstars. I'm having a bit of a problem and I'm hoping that
someone
> can offer a little advice. I'm working on an end-user manual for a
software
> product (target audience=systems administrators and other IS personnel).
In
> order to use the software, there has to be a licensing or authorization
> system--kind of a security measure--in place. The section in the
> documentation that deals with this issue begins (names changed to protect
> the innocent...or guilty depending on your perspective <g>):
> _____
>
> XYZ-PRODUCT requires one of the following authorization methods in order
> operate:
>
> * The name of a network license server
> * The pathname of a file containing
> ABCD node-locked licenses
> * The pathname of a file containing one or more
> node-locked authorization codes
>
> This section explains these methods under the following topics
respectively:

> * Configuring a License Manager
> * ABCD Licensing
> * Node-Locked