multilingual web sites

Subject: multilingual web sites
From: "Link, Virginia" <LINKVI -at- DWD -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:37:22 -0500

Howdy, Techwirlers! The October 1998 issue of Inside the Internet (ITI)
has an article on creating multilingual web sites, and includes URLs for
translation software packages, and other translation resources on the
web. ITI's URL is:

http://www.zdjournals.com/int

which takes you to a "preview issue," and links to their archives, etc.
The October issue also includes URLs for sites that deal with another
frequent Techwr-l topic, internet terminology, including:

Alta Vista search:
http://altavista.digital.com/.

The Jargon file: (Note: I couldn't get into this one today, despite
repeated attempts.)
http://beast.cc.emory.edu/Jargon30/

Each issue is chock full o' great tips. It's published by ZD Journals,
$49/year US, $69/year outside US. The ZD website also includes a
web-related-jobs salaries analysis in the Salary Zone. And no, I have
no connection with ZD Journals.

Virginia J. Link
Technical Writer
mailto:linkvi -at- dwd -dot- state -dot- wi -dot- us

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=