FWD: Need Advice on Getting Contract Jobs

Subject: FWD: Need Advice on Getting Contract Jobs
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 03:53:35 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

I know this topic has been discussed many times but I am hoping that
maybe some new information will surface this time around.

I want to work as an independent tech writing contractor. I have four
years tech writing experience (five if you count my internship). I have
worked through agencies and I currently have a full time job.

I need advice on how to get contract jobs. Specifically in and around
Dallas, TX. I would appreciate any advice, resources, or comments that
you care to give. I am hoping to learn from the mistakes of my peers
before I take the plunge into independent contracting.

Thanks for your help.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=