Re: Frame vs. Word Results

Subject: Re: Frame vs. Word Results
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 05:59:04 -0500

An interesting debate. I like the comments that basically lay out the line:
to each his or her own and use the best tool for the job.

I'm sure some will think I'm a dinosaur, but what about PageMaker? I love it
for shorter (read, fewer pages) printed documents. Probably because I used
it in the newspaper industry and can move around it at light speed. I've
used it for multi-chapter manuals with hundreds of pages without too much
problem. Version 6.52 exports to Word beautifully. And it imports from Word
with a snap. Index references and styles remain intact, if set up properly.

With Word, Corel, RoboHelp and PageMaker, I can create just about anything
you want. Throw in FrontPage (or your HTML editor of choice) and ya got it
made. Give me one more tool and my hard drive will self-destruct!

I think if someone asked me to create a 500+ page manual, I'd seriously have
to ask why.

Steve Taylor
(214) 853-7182
Dallas, TX