Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Aug 1998 to 28 Aug 1998 (Part #1)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Aug 1998 to 28 Aug 1998 (Part #1)
From: "Medici, Amy" <Amy -dot- Medici -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:48:24 -0400

Colette,

As a work around for the reversal of the bold text, try setting the style
you are using for the bold text to have a regular font style. I had this
problem with a style that was supposed to be bold displaying as regular.
When I changed the style to regular, it displayed as bold. It didn't make
sense but the work around gave me the results needed. (This problem
occurred in Word 7 for Windows 95.)

Hope this helps. Let me know how you ultimately fix the problem.

Amy Medici
Technical Writer/Production Support Analyst
HarperCollins Publishers
---
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 05:32:14 -0700
From: Colette Kelley <cmkel -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Subject: Word problems

Hi everyone,
I work on Windows NT and I've been having some word 97 problems. Has
anyone experienced these:
When editing a document and entering a space or one character the
entire line blurs or repeats. Also, word decided to reverse my Bold
text in my entire document so everything that was suppose to be bold
wasn't and vice versa. Very frustrating. We don't know if this is
word, NT or our company's network problem. Any ideas. I think the
Bold problem might be an autostyle issue but I checked the help file
and I do have checked off what I'm suppose to. Thanks in advance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=