Take the job or run the business from home?

Subject: Take the job or run the business from home?
From: Doug Noyes <dnoyes -at- KINGSTON -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:07:37 PDT

Hi Folks:

I am setting up a technical writing business in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Although I would like to see this business thrive from here, I am wondering if I can make it go from a small city.
There seem to be numerous opportunities at nearby cities (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, etc.) for full time and contract work.

My questions to this experienced group are:

Do I stay in place or give up the business (for a while) and relocate?
Can I manage the start-up from another location (I will return on weekends to be with my family)?

FYA: I have experience in developing and delivering training, technical writing, and program management.

I value any advice or suggestions from the group.

Please respond directly to me if this is not appropriate for the newsgroup.

TIA

Doug Noyes
dnoyes -at- kingston -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000