My WebWorks , Bristol Hyper Help Mistakes

Subject: My WebWorks , Bristol Hyper Help Mistakes
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 07:08:07 -0700

Previously, I e-mailed someone about WebWorks and the e-mail contained
two mistakes. Since I can't locate that mail, my apologies about
posting to the list, but perhaps more than one writer was under the
mistaken impressions I held, so....

1. The differences between FrameMaker and HTML tabs (absolute &
relative) are handled better by WebWorks now than in previous versions.
You may still have to tweak this, but it's not as difficult as the
remedy I proposed (use Bristol HyperHelp--a program that refuses to
process the bitmaps produced by UNIX Frame in doing screen captures.
I'm promised a fix by Bristol, but so far, none has arrived).

2. I also implied I could use the *.hlp file from another authoring
software (ForeHelp) in UNIX using Bristol's viewer. That was true for
ForeHelp 1.0, but not the current version.

Sorry for the mixup.

A follow-up question: Has anyone used WebWorks output as the basis for
NetHelp? (Netscape's help system takes HTML files, and makes a
javascript TOC and index) Any suggestions from those with this
experience?

Regards,
--
--mailto:mxd2 -at- osi -dot- com