Re: Tech Writing vs. Ergonomics

Subject: Re: Tech Writing vs. Ergonomics
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:49:06 -0400

At 11:48 AM 8/28/98 -0500, Etienne Mathieu <Etienne -dot- Mathieu -dot- 0131035 -at- NT -dot- COM>
wrote:

>Is your office (computer/keyboard/mouse/chair positions, space) =
>ergonomically friendly?
>
>Did you have to receive medical treatment such as physiotherapy before =
>the situation got corrected?

Yes, it's friendly and no we didn't have to get medical treatment first
(that sounds so drastic!). Actually, management was pretty sympathetic to
the issue. We recently moved, and as part of the move we all got to select
our own chairs (from a set of 3 or 4, all very nice) and we got an "office
supplies" budget for things such as adjustable keyboard holders, foot
rests, etc. (that budget could also be spent for bookshelves, more filing
cabinets, and things). That way everyone got to select what they wanted.
Of course, there are only about 25 of us in this office, so I'm sure that
had an impact on the way things were handled.

Marie

Marie C. Paretti, PhD
Recognition Research, Inc. (RRI)
1750 Kraft Drive, Suite 2000