two columns + two pages + one piece of paper = big trouble

Subject: two columns + two pages + one piece of paper = big trouble
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:30:33 -0400

Greetings!

Folks... I'm in bind here. I could get this job done if I fiddle with it by
hand, but there's got to be an easier way. There's gotta be some function in
Word97 I've missed.

I have to prepare a document that prints in such a way that you can fold the
pieces of paper in half, staple them together in the middle, and end up with
an instant book. The way I've got it now is I have one page, landscape
format, split in two columns.

Each column is its own page. The first piece of paper has the book front
cover on the right column and the book back cover on the left column. The
second piece of paper has the first page of the book on the right column and
the last page of the book on the left column.

See where this is going? I have to layout each page of this book manually
and assign the page numbers manually, and build the table of contents
manually.

Is there a better way to do this? Has this horrible feeling in the pit of my
stomach caused me not to explain this properly?

Please help!
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Lone "Documentation Boy" at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>