Credibility (WAS: Texts on Grammar)

Subject: Credibility (WAS: Texts on Grammar)
From: Deborah Ray <debray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:41:13 -0600

George Mena's Public Service Announcement said:

>Credibility Is Everything.

Yes.

>When you know what you're writing about and can quote chapter and verse
>from the so-called "industry bible", defending your work is easy.
>Dazzle with knowledge as well as brilliance.

I don't think we're in the business of dazzling anybody
with anything. SMEs that I've worked with are far more
interested in *communicating* with me than being dazzled.
Similarly, I'm far more interested in communicating with
them in order to get the information I need, rather than
impressing them with a bunch of meaningless-to-them drivel.

And...ummm...surely you weren't referring to dazzling
your audience, were you?

>Bullshit can be smelled a mile away.

Yup.

Take care,
Deborah

* Deborah S. Ray, debray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* co-author _Mastering HTML 4.0_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick
Reference_, _The AltaVista Search Revolution_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=