Re: Outline View messes up Bookmarks in Word97

Subject: Re: Outline View messes up Bookmarks in Word97
From: Reinhard Jaehnig <jaehnig_reinhard_rej-d -at- BETASYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:15:36 UT

David,

If you bookmark a heading, for example,

[This is a heading]

and insert text to the left of the heading,
this will extend the bookmark, for example,

[Inserted Text This is a heading]

And this is probably what happens when you
re-arrange the text in outline mode, namely,
you insert text to the left of a bookmark.

Only advice I can give:

- Make bookmarks visible (Tools --> Options)

- When you see that a move will upset a bookmark,
mark the affected heading after the move and
choose Edit --> Bookmark --> Add (This will
assign the original text selection to the bookmark)

Reinhard

Subject: Outline View messes up Bookmarks in Word97
Author: owner-techwr-l -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu at internet
Date: 23.08.98 16:57

When I go to outline view in Word 97, I often (used to) rearrange the
structure to get it the way I wanted. Now I have a doc with bookmarks on
the heading levels, and moving these has an adverse affect on the
bookmarks. Rather than just take the bookmark with the heading, it seems
to get extended to cover the range between the old position and the new.

The document is getting converted to online Help and bookmarks are
required.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=