Re: Time Sheets

Subject: Re: Time Sheets
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:40:08 -0700

kalpana thakar wrote:

> [are you] required to fill time sheets [to track] the number
> of hours you spend in a particular activity in a day?

For some clients.

> ... there's no way in which one can track/measure creativity.

Of course there is, unless you're willing to do it for free.

> ...can one start jotting down the time spent on the thought process?

If the client requires it, yes.

It's part of the job, and you should be paid for the time you spend
doing the job. The alternatives are:

* Do that part of the job for free.

* Do the job *without* thinking about it. ;)

> Please let me know how all of you feel about this issue?

My annoyance with it is rouhly proportionate to the required level of
detail.

--David

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com