Bay Area Brunch, 18 Aug 98 Update

Subject: Bay Area Brunch, 18 Aug 98 Update
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:07:50 -0700

San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley listmembers and list-lurkers, your
attention, please!!!

This is a formal reminder about the Sunday brunch we've been threatening
to have out here. :D We need to start making some decisions. Granted,
we have Labor Day coming up (we should do it in September after Labor
Day), but the time's here to start seriously thinking about where and
when we're going to have our Sunday brunch. The first week of August
has now come and gone. It's voting time!! Let's pick a Sunday and a
restaurant!

Suggestions for where to hold the Sunday brunch currently include the
following:

East Bay Locations
===============
* El Torito or Old Spaghetti Factory, Jack London Square, Oakland
* Chevys, Hayward at Bay Fair BART

San Francisco Locations
==================
* Marriott Hotel, 4th & Market (Montgomery Street BART)
* Chevys on 4th, across from Moscone Center
* Tuba Garden on Sacramento Street

Silicon Valley Locations
==================
* Coco's, Lawrence & Oakmead Parkways, Sunnyvale
* Harry's Hofbrau, Saratoga & Kiely in Santa Clara OR the one on El
Camino Real, Mountain View
* Pezzella's, El Camino Real & Mary, Sunnyvale
* Palo Alto Holiday Inn at University and El Camino Real, Palo Alto
* MacArthur Park, roughly same location as PA Holiday Inn
* 94th Aero Squadron, Coleman Ave, San Jose (San Jose International
Airport in back, across from FMC on Coleman)

Peninsula Locations
===============
* Giglio, Foster City on Edgewater Blvd (overlooking the Foster City
estuary and quite a few manicured backyards of the richer folks in the
Bay Area
* Carrows, Foster City and Metro Center Blvds, right off 92, west end
approach to San Mateo Bridge

Other Items To Note
* children, spouses and significant others more than welcome to join! :D
* basic hanging out and socializing; not at all like a formal STC
meeting!!! :D :D :D

Please cast your votes to me for days and locales off-list.

Thank you! :D

George Mena, Tech Writing Consultant
(with special thanks and prayers of gratitude to Lew Jr., Art Jr.,
Brian, Charlie, Don, Loran, Dewey and Catfish, wherever you are.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=