Importing OLE objects into PageMaker

Subject: Importing OLE objects into PageMaker
From: Elizabeth Klisiewicz <elizabeth -at- REMOTE -dot- CONTROL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:55:57 -0400

I checked Adobe's web site and didn't see an answer to this problem, so
I hope people don't mind if I post it here.

I am using the "Insert Object" command in PageMaker to create tables.
The source program is MS Word. While it works OK, there is a glaring
problem that still seems to be around after all these years. Whenever I
finish the table and it drops into PageMaker, it's always much smaller
than the original table. Although I can stretch the table and guess its
approximate original size, I'd rather do something more exact. Does
anyone have a solution for getting an object in at 100 percent without
futzing around with the object?

I've also noticed that there are problems getting updated copies of the
object. I sometimes create a table outside of PageMaker and then insert
it later on. When I want to make changes to the object and after saving
changes, the object in PageMaker is not necessarily updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Elizabeth Klisiewicz
Control Technology Corporation