Framemaker Difficulties

Subject: Framemaker Difficulties
From: Deborah Ward <dward -at- HARCOURTS -dot- CO -dot- NZ>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:05:36 +1200

We have created a set of training manuals in Word 6/7 (in Windows 95)
and are now in the process of migrating them to Framemaker 5.0. The
manuals are split into sections, which are then split into documents.
They are pretty meaty, with clip art, scans, graphics, and text, and
range in size from 300KB to 32MB. We thought Framemaker would be more
stable than Word, but we are continuing to have crashes, lock-ups, and
the like.

We are running PC's with 64MB RAM, 2GB+ hard drives, and Pentium 166
processors.

Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions for improving performance,
either on different software, different platform?

Thanks.

Deborah Ward
dward -at- harcourts -dot- co -dot- nz

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=