Re: inflammatory statements

Subject: Re: inflammatory statements
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:24:53 -0700

> Editing is pretty easy work to do.
> It's the creating and writing that is difficult.

Yikes! Did you feel the little tremor as hundreds of technical editors
around the world read this statement?

Let's remember how it feels when someone claims that "anybody can be a
tech writer." (Check the archives--we flogged the subject for days.)

I don't mean to be slapping anyone's wrist--it's just that these "my job
is harder than your job" discussions are a waste of time. They're also
self-destructive, especially when so many companies seem to place such a
low value on technical communication in general.

Every job has more and less difficult aspects, including technical
editing.

--David (wearer of many hats, including THAT one)

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=