Re: Standard definitions for GUI buttons

Subject: Re: Standard definitions for GUI buttons
From: Todd Snarr <todd_snarr -at- AUTOSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:06:55 -0600

>Does anyone know where I can find information on the Microsoft standard
>definitions for GUI buttons like Close, OK, and Apply? I have checked
>the MS Style Guide and there isn't anything mentioned for these common
>buttons.

Try "The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design" (the MS Style
Guide actually references this book). I just checked the index and glossary
for the buttons you mentioned, and, sure enough, they're listed.

Todd Snarr
Auto-Soft Corporation
Salt Lake City, UT
todd_snarr -at- autosoft -dot- com