Re: FrameMaker v. PagerMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker v. PagerMaker
From: "Munro, Charlie" <cmunro -at- SELSIUS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:13:48 -0500

Nancy,

The brief but useful explanation I've heard is that PageMaker is
oriented to layout-intensive tasks, where page composition varies
greatly from page to page. You're likely to combine many text and
graphic elements, even different stories, on a single page.

FrameMaker is oriented toward book-like publications. A single central
text flow, with intervening graphics and side bars (text notes). More
emphasis on TOC and Index generation, conditional text, and other
features you'd need for a book or manual.

User documentation (and those writing it) would almost always benefit
more from FrameMaker than PageMaker.

Charlie