FrameMaker v. PagerMaker

Subject: FrameMaker v. PagerMaker
From: Nancy Cowen <ncowen -at- OFMS -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:16:28 -0400

My company has decided to leave behind MS Word in favor of another
desktop publishing system. Whatever product we buy will be used to
produce technical user guides and course materials for our software
products. These documents will contain graphics (most likely .bmp), as
well as text.

We are interested in Adobe's FrameMaker. Can anyone tell me the
differences between PageMaker and FrameMaker? When I called Adobe
customer service, they had a difficult time telling me the differences
beyond the marketing hype.

Thank you,
Nancy Cowen, Education Services Manager
OFMS, Inc.