Re: Proofreading & Editing tips (Was Proofreading tips)

Subject: Re: Proofreading & Editing tips (Was Proofreading tips)
From: Douglas Max <dmax -at- BELLATLANTIC -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:59:31 -0400

Here's a compilation of all the tips suggested for more effective
proofreading & editing (some suggested that proofreaders didn't edit
copy) but, since I received many suggestions for both I've combined
them.

Rather than send you the "raw" suggestions, I'm attaching a copy
(proofread and edited), but I won't swear to perfection as I proofread
and edited myself--something a number of you suggested is difficult at
best.  If you find any errors please let me know...as if I need to give
you my permission!

Also, since so many seemed to appreciate the "mission" of this thread, I
thought of another possibility and would appreciate your reaction...what
would you think of a "list" compiled of hints for effective technical
writing?  It'd obviously be very broad, but I'm sure some more narrowly
defined categories would emerge...or be suggested.  Let me know.

Thanks again to all who contributed.  And, for those who contributed, if you'd like me to send an attachment of the list, let me know (I'll discriminate against the rest as I don't have the time to send out 3,000 e-mails...and the list doesn't seem to accept attachments)

Cordially,

Douglas Max

--

LR Communication Systems, Inc.

Training in business writing and presentation skills. Seminars, distance learning/correspondence programs with personal feedback. Online options. Editing services. Founded in 1969.

http://www.LRcom.com

E-mail for business: mail -at- LRcom -dot- com
personal: dmax -at- bellatlantic -dot- net

voice  (908) 464-1231
fax    (908) 464-1350

139 Dogwood Lane
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922-0264