Re: Tech Writers -Reply

Subject: Re: Tech Writers -Reply
From: GM Vick <gmv -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:15:59 -0700

There is one more point to make for Stan re some of the issues posted
here, and that is our constant struggle to accomodate different style
guide. Each tech writer has to know whether they need to conform to --
among others not mentioned -- Chicago, MLA, the Microsoft Manual of Style,
a particular release of a particular dictionary, or an internally
generated style sheet that may have inherent conflicts with more widely
established guides.

That a book like Chicago isn't necessarily the de facto standard means
that we will have need to discuss common practice.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=