Re: Letters of Recommendation

Subject: Re: Letters of Recommendation
From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- ISOGON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 12:07:53 -0400

OTOH, the place of employment might not provide letters of
recommendation. I've worked at one major software firm that had a policy
of not writing letters that stated any more than "this person worked
here". So, for the 7 years that I worked as a consultant or supplemental
employee to this software firm, I could ask no one with whom I directly
worked to write me a letter.

of course, we got around this. In their letters, the writers made sure
that they were stating personal opinion as a co-worker, not as an
official representative of the firm. They were much more like a personal
letter of recommendation, than a letter from the job.

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com