How to Be a Successful Contractor

Subject: How to Be a Successful Contractor
From: Greg Hirsch <winhelp -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 21:32:58 -0700

How to Be a Successful Contractor

In today's booming technology market, skilled technical writers are
commanding higher hourly rates that far exceed salaried rates. As a result,
many technical communicators are trading in their salaried positions for the
consultant's marketplace. If you can ditch your dubious salaried benefits in
favor of lucrative contract jobs, why not?

For the next two issues, we're examining the world of independent
contracting. We'll fill you in on the essential skills, resources and
strategies for competing in the contract marketplace and point you toward
great resources for improving your skill set. We'll share secrets for
staying ahead of the game even when your current contract leaves you on the
skill-set bench. This month's issue introduces you to independent
contracting and provides an overview of the enormous benefits of declaring
your independence.

http://www.sonic.net/ghirsch/wdt35/index05.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=