Command Notation

Subject: Command Notation
From: Anne Weiner <annew -at- INTERDYN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:32:33 -0700

Folks,

Lo these many years I was involved in a project whereby a command syntax
was documented. I remember that in the planning stage we discussed two
different alternatives for notation, one was "railroad diagramming" (I
think), the other was a hyphenated term which I have completely
forgotten.

Now I'm involved in a similar project and would like a reference to the
second notation. Wouldn't you know I'd want *that* one! I'd really
appreciate someone jogging my failing memory. If you could also mention
a resource, I'd be thrilled.

Anne Weiner, Technical Writer
Internet Dynamics, Inc.
3717 Thousand Oaks Boulevard