Screen shots within numbered steps, OR at the end?

Subject: Screen shots within numbered steps, OR at the end?
From: "Nickel, Joyce" <jnickel -at- PAC -dot- BLUECROSS -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:40:03 -0700

I'm writing a user manual for beginners (not techies).
I've included screen shots within the numbered steps. The idea is to
include the illustration along with the instructions. The problem is
that my list of five short steps now takes three pages. The effect of a
numbered list is kinda lost between all the illustrations. An option is
to put all the illustrations at the end of the list. I think this would
look more organized, but personally, I hate flipping pages to follow
instructions.
I appreciate any thoughts on this from the tech writing gurus out there
. . .
Joyce Nickel, Documentation Manager, Pacific Blue Cross, Burnaby, BC
Jnickel -at- pac -dot- bluecross -dot- ca