Re: always look for a new job?

Subject: Re: always look for a new job?
From: GM Vick <gmv -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:59:16 -0700

I am always on the ALERT for an interesting job, but I don't continually
job hunt.

This is despite the reality of dodging the layoff bullet for twelve
months. My department keeps getting saved by the scruff of its neck by the
big guys, which encourages me. Meanwhile, I keep on churning out top-notch
work and try to keep morale up among "my" hires. I've actually turned down
supposedly great job offers that could (temporarily) remove me from this
dodgeball game because the benefits/people, etc. don't match what I'd
leave behind were I to leave because I thought we might be going soon.