Re: Layoffs and scrounging

Subject: Re: Layoffs and scrounging
From: Lisa Higgins <lisarea -at- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:47:00 +0000

So then, Dave Neufeld is all like:

> The equipment is the companies to allocate as they see fit. It is still
> rather bad form to be a vulture when someone is on vacation and snatch
> the petty stuff.

Ha. I've gotcha beat. I once worked at a very small company where you
couldn't go to LUNCH without facing the prospect that your mouse
might be gone when you got back. Of course, I locked my office when
there was nobody there to guard my stuff, but the system admin
couldn't lock his door because the servers were in there, so when
something broke, all I had to do was wait for him to go downstairs to
get an espresso, and VOILA! New equipment for me! YAY!

Unfortunately, that sort of thing is frowned on here at Lucent, so I
have to go through big boring procedures when I need something new.

Man, I miss that company sometimes.

Lisa
lisarea -at- lucent -dot- com