Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?

Subject: Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?
From: Vicki Preston <vpreston -at- SQUIRRELSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:22:15 -0700

> Is there a standard use of fonts for online help? For printed doc, you
> typically use a serif font (like times new roman) for body text and a
> sans serif font (like arial) for headings. But it seems like the online
> help I've looked at is all sans serif for both body text and headings
> (which are then in bold). Is this considered the standard? Thanks,

It's the preferred way to go because sans serifs are easier to read on-screen than serifs.

The two most common fonts used in online help are Arial and MS Sans Serif.

-vicki
Vicki Preston (vpreston -at- squirrelsystems -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Squirrel Systems of Canada Ltd.
604-412-3300
http://www.squirrelsystems.com