Re: Hidden text and Index entries

Subject: Re: Hidden text and Index entries
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:57:20 +0100

Caralee McDonald asked whether it was possible to hide/unhide some numbering
in Microsoft Word:
---
Caralee,

One trick that I've used in similar circumstances is to format the numbering
with a custom character style. Immediately before printing, you edit the
style and (in the Font dialog) clear its "Hidden" attribute. This 'unhides'
the numbering. When you've finished printing, re-edit the style to set its
"Hidden" attribute.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net