Re: Word page numbering problem

Subject: Re: Word page numbering problem
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:28:20 -0400

Greetings!

I'm assuming that the 1 of 16 header thingee (it's a technical term) is
using fields in both the page number and total number of pages.

I opened a new document in Word97 and tried the "1 of 16" header thingee,
and it seemed to work fine. I used two fields: page number and total number
of pages. Both these buttons are on the Header/Footer toolbar. You can also
find these fields in the Fields command in the Insert menu.

It's possible that the field has become corrupted and you'd have to recreate
the header completely.

Are you using sections? If so, you might want to check the type of field
that is being used in the header.

--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>
---