PDF Writer help - office 97

Subject: PDF Writer help - office 97
From: Ginna Watts <sweep!gwatts -at- QUESTERCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:58:17 +0000

Hi all,

I have a question about the PDF writer for Office 97 - I've never
been able to make it work. When I had Office 95, everytthing worked
just fine, from the minute I installed it.

The problem: I have a word doc open, and I select "Make PDF". I get a
Visual Basic runtime error --" method 'PrivateProfileString' of
object System failed". (No, I don't know VB for applications, nor am
I really interested in learning it at this juncture.)

If I click 'debug', VB editor opens, and gets me to the offemding
line of code, which of course, looks fine to me.

This is an Office-wide problem - if I try from Excel, it just gives
me a whole series of "out of memory" errors.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I can use the Distiller fine,
but it's getting tedious, especially when I have a lot to release.

Any ideas?

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Quester Tangent Corporation
gwatts -at- questercorp -dot- com