[no subject]

From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:40:15 -0700

Last words from me on the "directions" comment:

The word "below" connotates a direction that doesn't apply to technical
publications at all. When I "go below", I'm usually on a ship, going
down a staircase or ladder to decks beneath the one I was previously
standing on. When I'm taking readings, I notice if air pressure or
water pressure goes below recommended operating parameters.

In these instances, using the word "below" is most appropriate.

George

George Mena
Technical Writing Consultant
George -dot- Mena -at- esstech -dot- com
ESS Technology, Inc.
Fremont, CA