Re: Convert Interleaf to PageMaker?

Subject: Re: Convert Interleaf to PageMaker?
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:35:12 -0400

Debra -
I'm curious as to why you are going from Interleaf to PageMaker. It's my
understanding that Interleaf is designed more for producing and managing
very large and complex sets of manuals. PageMaker is designed for very
simple docs - flyers, brochures, etc., and as such is not very good with
large book sets. If your docs are large and complicated, you would
probably be better off going to FrameMaker instead (and there *are* 3rd
party utilities for converting from Interleaf to FM, although I don't
know how well they work).

Hope this helps -

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Senior Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
mailto:cwhutchings -at- homewireless -dot- com