PDF questions

Subject: PDF questions
From: Cyndy Davis <kivrin -at- ZDNETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:25:50 -0700

I am in the process of converting our biweekly newsletter into PDF format and I have run into some problems.

Its been simple to convert the frame file into a PDF, but how do you index it? The online help says to go to Index|New, but I don't have an Index menu!

I would like to set up an index to cross reference product names, product issues and dates. Can Acrobat handle this?

Is it easier to combine multiple files into one big Frame file and then convert to PDF or convert each file and then use the insert file command in Acrobat to combine the files into a large PDF. I've been converting each file and then combining them in Acrobat since each page is "tweaked" to print on a single piece of paper. When I tried to combine two files together the text wrapped strangely and the template and header are wrong. (We use a variable to create the date and issue number.)

It seems like it would be easier to conver to PDF and then tweak the bookmarks instead of having Distiller create the bookmarks from paragraph tags.

I'm sorry if I have repeated questions, I'm very new to PDF format. If someone can give me some helpful tips I will be eternally grateful!

Cyndy Davis
Technical Writer
Lenexa, KS

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com