Re: Converting Mac screen dumps to PC

Subject: Re: Converting Mac screen dumps to PC
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:27:20 -0700

Works for me, Mike. :D Thanks also to Mac McCartt in Thousand Oaks for
his timely adds. Got a spare 7500 not doing anything? :D How much if
you're willing to part with it? :D

When I had to dump Mac based graphics into Winword documents, these were
from *very* old Mac SEs running electrical die test programs in a die
fab with (shudder!) System 6.0.2 (!). The test programs were developed
in Turbo Pascal 1.1 (double shudder!) because there weren't many *386s*
around, much less 486s and Pentiums with VBA-based homebrew test apps
available for use on the Wafer Fab, Die Fab, Assembly or Manufacturing
Test floors!

Putting it as *politely* as possible, the programmers we had at the time
were scrambling like fiends in trying to do some major upgrades of the
computer-controlled testers in spite of the fact that the morons on
Mahogany Row kept making stupid decision after stupid decision on how to
grow the company. As the lone TW there at the time (1994-1996), trying
to document these ancient systems while new ones were being built was
truly a challenge. Trying to do something like that is definitely
*NOT* for the faint of heart! :D

Thanks again, Mike and Mac! :D Melanie, I hope you're printing this all
out and saving it in a binder!

George