Re: Technical Manual Production

Subject: Re: Technical Manual Production
From: "Klopfenstein, Ed (AFS)" <edk -at- ACCU-FAB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:47:05 -0700

Maria:

The most common software we use includes Word 97, Freehand, RoboHelp, and
Photoshop. We would prefer to move to FrameMaker because of its stability
for long documents, however, our customers require soft copy in Word 97 and
FrameMaker doesn't export to Word 97 (according to Adobe's web site). Once
Adobe writes an export patch that works for Word 97, we'll definitely make
the switch.

I think I saw a survey once that more tech writers were moving to FrameMaker
than any other program.

Ed

Ed Klopfenstein
Senior Technical Writer