JOB: Chicago Area [no relo]

Subject: JOB: Chicago Area [no relo]
From: "Sokohl, Joe" <Joe -dot- Sokohl -at- USMAIL -dot- MPCT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:03:04 -0500

I'm moving to the East Coast soon and, sadly, have to leave mpct
Solutions (yes, "mpct" is always lowercase). So, my job's open to a
Chicago area person or persons.
Note: DON'T REPLY TO ME! It'll do you no good, since I'll be gone soon.
Instead, reply to Gerri Floyd at the address at the end of this message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Technical Writer, On-Line Documentation
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Two exciting opportunities exist for highly motivated, experienced
technical writers to help create a Web-based, on-line help system for a
new client/server product:
* One position is full- or part-time temporary
* The other is full-time permanent.

Candidates must have:
* Minimum of 3 years' experience developing on-line documentation in a
Windows or Web-based environment
* Ability to differentiate between process and procedural
documentation, and know when to use each
* Exceptional writing & communication skills
* BA in English, Communications, or related degree

Candidates should have:
* Experience with help authoring tools and HTML (preferably RoboHELP,
or similar Web development tools)
* Understanding of and experience with JavaScript to create
interactivity
* Knowledge or experience in the banking or the financial industries
* Experience with NeXT development tools (Interface Builder)

We offer competitive salaries and liberal benefits, including 22 paid
vacation days a year. The dress code is relaxed; the majority of
employees wear jeans. Work hours are somewhat flexible, but
telecommuting isn't a possibility. Also, relocation assistance isn't
available.
mpct Solutions Corporation is a financial software organization that
supplies middle and back office solutions for international banks. Our
customers include over 50 of the largest banks in the world, and our
ATLAS products are running in production at 200 sites around the world.
For more information about our company, see http://www.mpct.com.

If you enjoy writing in a team-oriented environment with a focus on
process and methodology, send your resume and (non-returnable) writing
samples to:

Ms. Gerri Floyd
mpct Solutions
2 Prudential Plaza - 42nd Floor
180 N. Stetson Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Fax: (312) 540-0118
gerri -dot- floyd -at- mpct -dot- com (ASCII text resumes and RTF or PDF samples through
the Internet)
No phone calls please.