Re: doing a good job...

Subject: Re: doing a good job...
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:59:30 -0400

If you really want to know how your users perceive your manuals, there is
only one way to find out - ask them. You could do this by sending out a
survey, including a survey in every manual, doing a short two minute phone
blitz ("Have you ever used the manual that came with your software?", "Did
you find it helpful?", etc.), or any other type of benchmarking.

You're right Rebecca when you say that most customers will NOT complain.
As a matter of fact, if you notice an increasing number of complaint calls
concerning documentation, I'd say you have a major problem.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com