Re: the in captions?

Subject: Re: the in captions?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:54:26 +0200

Janice,

Agreed, if there are several File dialog boxes the "the" does not get much
more specific. However, the "File dialog box" would stand for "A File
dialog box", where I understand it to be an example for a File dialog box,
and where it does not matter that much whether the illustration completely
fits the description in the surrounding text.

The caption text is the context for the illustration, but it still depends
on the context where the illustration (with the caption) is placed within
the document.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap