ANNOUNCE: Publications Management Clinic

Subject: ANNOUNCE: Publications Management Clinic
From: John Solomon <conference -at- SOL-SEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:54:27 +0000

S O L U T I O N S P U B L I C A T I O N S
M A N A G E M E N T C L I N I C

July 27-31, 1998 <> Washington, DC

A *FEW* spots remain at this event.
Get a full curriculum in just one week!

- Learn to manage publications projects, staff,
and departments
- Dynamic, small group sessions
- Design your own program from 11 in-depth
seminars
- Get the intensity of a seminar, the variety of
a conference, and the focus of consulting
- Practical information from industry experts

DETAILS & ONLINE REGISTRATION:
http://www.sol-sems.com/clinics/mgt.htm

C O N T E N T S O F T H I S N O T I C E:

1. Seminars
2. General Schedule
3. Hotel & Travel Information
4. Registration Information

1. SEMINARS

** PROJECT MANAGEMENT **

PROJECT PLANNING
Paula Berger, Jay Talbot

ESTIMATING, SCHEDULING, AND TRACKING
PUBLICATIONS PROJECTS
Paula Berger, Jay Talbot

DEVELOPING INFORMATION PLANS
Jay Talbot

FROM DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT TO ELECTRONIC
PUBLISHING - AN INTEGRATED PROCESS
Jennifer Hochman

** STAFF MANAGEMENT **

BUILDING AND MAINTAINING
EFFECTIVE WORK TEAMS
Saul Carliner

PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT: HIRING,
COACHING, AND APPRAISING
Saul Carliner

CREATING INFOWRANGLERS: DEVELOPING
INFORMATION DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT SKILLS
Saul Carliner

** DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT **

PROMOTING YOUR SERVICES
IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
Saul Carliner

DEMONSTRATING THE VALUE OF
TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
Saul Carliner

PLANNING FOR SINGLE-SOURCING INFORMATION
JoAnn Hackos

WHAT ARE YOU WORTH TO YOUR COMPANY?
Ginny Redish

2. GENERAL SCHEDULE
Training sessions run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to
11:30 a.m. on Friday. The Clinic concludes with
lunch and a closing speaker, ending at 1:00 p.m.
on Friday. Attendance at all meals and evening
activities is optional.

3. HOTEL & TRAVEL INFORMATION
The clinic will be held at the Marriott Metro
Center Hotel, 775 12th Street NW, Washington, DC.

Call the hotel directly at 202-737-2200 for
reservations. SOLUTIONS clinic rate:
$129 single or double.

For the lowest airfare, call Aquarius Travel
(800-441-4023) and ask for the SOLUTIONS
Travel Desk.

4. REGISTRATION INFORMATION
FEE, PER PERSON:

$1995
$1795 (save $200, when you register 3 or more
people from the same company at the same time.)

HOW TO REGISTER:

PHONE: 800-448-4230 or 781-942-1610
FAX: 781-942-1616
EMAIL: solutions -at- sol-sems -dot- com
WEB: http://www.sol-sems.com/clinics/register.htm

** Contact SOLUTIONS for further details! **