Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?

Subject: Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?
From: Marci Abels_ <maa5906 -at- CCP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:21:34 -0500

When I changed jobs, I left all files pertinent to the project . I told the person taking over the project where they were and hoe I had organized them. I also sent him my new email address in case he had questions. As an employee, everything I did there was owned by the company, so I don't see that I had any choice about leaving the material. Besides, it was work-in-progress. The guy picking up the project needed that informatin to finish it.

I got an email from him at project end, thanking me for the way the files were organized. He said he was able to just pick up the ball and finish with no problem. Course, that was as much due to his talent as to anything I left for him, but it was nice of him to say. :-)

Marci Abels
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/2592/
CSI, INC. http://www.csiks.com/

> Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.
> I'm about to switch jobs. I was wondering what most people do with their
> old files. Do you take them with you? Do you throw them away? Do leave
> them with the person taking your position?
>
> When I say old files I am referring to paper copies of documents,
> notes, review copies, etc.

<<application/ms-tnef>>