egg on face

Subject: egg on face
From: Johnathon Thomas <thomas_johnathon -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:37:08 PDT

Not long ago there was a posting from someone who kept trying to get off
of Blue Sky Software's email list, but without success. This seems to
be a common complaint about companies that do "email blasting." But
sometimes it's not always the company's fault, as I discovered recently
when I also tried to get removed from Blue Sky Software's email list.

Twice I followed their "unsubscribe" instructions to get off of the
list. But of course, the messages kept coming. I called the company.
They informed me that my address had been removed from their list on the
first request. The problem? My multiple email addresses. It didn't
dawn on me until later that my "secondary" accounts might also be
included on their list. I called them back and they immediately found
and removed these addresses. I haven't received any emails since.