Middle East

Subject: Middle East
From: Cardomom <uma -at- UNIX -dot- TAMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 12:58:13 -0500

Please make some recognition of the difference between "the Middle East"
which has been referred to, and Saudi Arabia, unless your intent is to
make remarks that pertain to both (which could be problematic).
Indeed, some women will object to what they view to be restrictions
imposed on them, if they choose to live in Saudi Arabia. I think we can
all agree that if the conditions are not agreeable, then one should not
accept or continue in a position there (or anywhere, for that mattter).
Personal preferences and remarks about what "I" would or would not want
seem inappropriate on this list and this thread to the degree that they
are beginning to blur information based on actual experience with personal
opinion/political/religious/cultural bias/opinions.
Just my opinion, of course. Thanks to one poster for suggesting that the
thread be continued off-list.
EJL