Re: Chunking

Subject: Re: Chunking
From: "George E. Baker" <gebaker -at- NETNITCO -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:10:12 -0500

For those interested in the direct take on the chunking principle, look up
the book "Mapping Hyptertext" by Robert E. Horne [ISBN 0-9625565-0-5]. This
book contains the principles, process, and framework for developing
materials utilizing the chunking methodology.

The book also lays out all the guidance and direction for properly "mapping
and linking" materials, and documents within your materials. I recently
finished 2 years working for a contractor at the Defense Finance Group
upgrading and writing new materials. Everything the team developed was done
utilizing the specifics of Information Mapping (r) and the chunking
principles. Once you become accustomed to the procedures, it develops a
flow throughout your documents. Once again, as other professionals have
pointed out on here - it is just one more tool for you to use in creating
quality materials.

The book may be purchased from Information Mapping, Inc in Waltham, MA. If
you would like a contact number, contact me off-service and I'll send it to
you. Makes for good reference material.

George Baker gebaker -at- netnitco -dot- net