Telecommuting

Subject: Telecommuting
From: Hope Cascio <hcascio -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:14:45 -0400

I've hunted around the archives on this one, and I know it's probably
been discussed, URLs pouring freely like w(h)ine, but could you please
help me out anyway?

The subject is telecommuting.

I'm pretty much tied to my current location for the next year, and I
really want to move up in my career (must be all this talk about why I'm
not currently making $100K). There doesn't seem to be a lot of work in
my area, and I've looked *everywhere* on the web, but I can't seem to
find the really great telecommuting opportunities I'm assured are
everywhere.

I have a Bachelor's in technical writing, a year of experience writing
software documentation and managing projects, the equipment to develop
WinHelp, HTML, HTML Help, and NetHelp, or hardcopy in Word, and the
ability to learn to use other programs, if an employer would give me a
copy of FrameMaker or whatever they're using. I'm also imminently
connected to the web (practically through my own neural network),
willing to travel to the site a few days a month if necessary, a hard
worker, dedicated to my documentation's audience, and a pleasant
co-worker and team member.

If anyone could send me URLs of great search engines for telecommuting
jobs, know of an opening, or any other information that could lead me to
employment (offlist, if you think that's more appropriate), I would be
very appreciative. If you happen to be an employer, my resume is posted
at http://home1.gte.net/hcascio/resume.htm.

Thanks in advance,
Hope Cascio

--
"Just because a network architecture has been designed to survive
nuclear holocaust doesn't mean it is immune to WebTV or a bunch