Re: Yet another perspective on low wages

Subject: Re: Yet another perspective on low wages
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 13:32:55 -0400

Melonie Holliman wrote:

>Life is all about tradeoffs and balances.

Absolutely! I could be making close to $100,000 if I had taken the
contract job offered to me a couple of months ago. I chose instead to
accept a permanent position with my current employer, making far less
than $100,000, with far more responsibility. Why, you ask? Because my
current employer is a start-up with terrific financial backing, we have
some serious heavy-hitters in top management positions, we are
developing groundbreaking new telephony products, and there are quite a
few incredibly talented people here that I used to work with at another
company. My current employer gave me more money than my previous
employer, I have a lot more flexibility and authority than I have ever
had, the best working environment I've ever known, *and* IPO stock
options. Even though my commute is worse than at my previous employer or
for the contract job, I can work at home occasionally if I choose, I can
come and go as I please, I am totally in charge of my own destiny here,
and I believe this company will go places.

As I posted a few days ago, "you get what you settle for". I'm settling
for the chance to (hopefully) have stock worth millions some day. :->

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Senior Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
mailto:cwhutchings -at- homewireless -dot- com